We Can Help Restore Your Youthful Appearance
If you want to alter your appearance and reverse the signs of aging, you can choose from myriad treatment options. But rather than relying on over-the-counter products or at-home treatment devices, we invite you to consult with the experts at Tru-Skin Dermatology. We proudly serve patients who want to reduce or eliminate their wrinkles and fine lines at multiple state-of-the-art clinics throughout Central Texas. Our staff comprises highly-trained doctors and dermatologists who are committed to helping individuals look and feel their best. Schedule a consultation with us to discuss our various wrinkle remedies ranging from injectables to face treatments and more. Call us today to get started.
Understanding Why Wrinkles Occur
Regardless of your skincare regimen, wrinkles are an inevitability. They occur as we age because epidermal skin cells become thinner and unable to maintain a strong moisture barrier, which causes dryness. Your epidermal skin cells decrease by roughly 10% every decade and gradually divide more slowly, hindering the skin restoration process. Additionally, over time, the dermal layer produces less and less collagen. As a result, elastin fibers are less effective, which leads to wrinkles and sagging. Other reasons wrinkles occur include:
- Exposure to the sun’s UVA and UVB rays
- Facial expressions that cause the skin to lose elasticity
- Hormonal changes
- Skin laxity due to the effects of gravity
Our Dermatologists Perform Face Treatments in Central TX
The expert dermatologists at Tru-Skin Dermatology offer a wide range of aesthetic treatments. We customize each approach based on a patient’s unique circumstances to produce the best results. What works for someone else may not be your best option. Furthermore, we may suggest topical creams to use in conjunction with our treatments to maximize their effects. Among the most common aesthetic wrinkle treatments we offer are:
- Chemical Peels – This solution dissolves the skin cells in the top layers of one’s epidermis, causing new, healthier skin to rise to the surface.
- Fraxel® – We use this laser therapy to fractionally resurface skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and more.
- IPL Photofacial – This non-invasive process uses advanced fluorescent technology (AFT) in the form of high-intensity light pulses to restore a more even skin tone.
- Microdermabrasion – Our licensed professionals use a handheld device to gently remove the outer layer of skin for a smoother appearance.
- SkinPen® – Microneedling involves making tiny punctures in your tissue to rejuvenate your body’s natural healing process and restore your skin.
- Skin Tightening – This process utilizes near-infrared light pulses to promote the formation of new collagen and elastin.
- VI Peel – This medium-depth peel removes the outer layers of your skin using a blend of five different acids.
- Dermaplaning – A form of exfoliation, this method is ideal for minimizing the look of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as removing soft facial hair.
Take Advantage of Various Injectables to Improve Your Look
Some of our patients are better candidates for injectable treatments. We will gladly discuss your options and the pros and cons of each before creating your wrinkle treatment plan at Tru-Skin Dermatology. Cosmetic injectables have vastly improved since their introduction more than 40 years ago. Men and women with all skin types use these products safely and effectively to look younger, healthier, and happier. Our injectable options include: