JUVÉDERM® XC is a smooth gel filler used by doctors at Tru-Skin Dermatology to quickly reduce the appearance of wrinkles around your nose and mouth. A single treatment will provide long-lasting and natural-looking results for up to a full year. Ongoing treatments can create the appearance of a beautiful, younger-looking you.
Manufactured with Hylacross™ technology, JUVÉDERM® XC is a smooth-consistency gel, its comfort ensured through an infusion of lidocaine. In a single treatment, you’ll see the smooth results you’ve come to expect with JUVÉDERM® products, as well as undergo a more enjoyable treatment experience. Its durable form means that it’s long lasting and perfect for getting rid of more severe facial lines, as opposed to other JUVÉDERM® products designed for shallower wrinkles.
Good candidates for JUVÉDERM® XC
JUVÉDERM® XC restores the appearance of young, healthy skin by injecting gel fillers into treatment areas. Some patients prefer the product over others because it has lidocaine in the gel. Ideal candidates are those with:
- Wrinkles around the nose or mouth that are moderate to severe
- Lines and wrinkles caused by age and environment
- Sensitivity to needles, injections, or pain
- A desire for results that can last up to one year
How to prepare for injections
JUVÉDERM® XC needs to be provided by a licensed medical professional, such as the Austin, TX, experts at Tru-Skin Dermatology. Ask your doctor how best to prepare for injections and be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Tell your doctor if you are planning any other laser treatments or chemical peels to avoid the risk of inflammation at the treatment site.
- Keep in mind that patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are on an immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease immune response, which may increase your risk of infection.
- Avoid use of blood-thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as this can lead to bleeding at the injection site.
What to expect
Before deciding to receive JUVÉDERM® XC injections, you will consult with your dermatologist about its benefits and risks. Once you arrive for your treatment appointment, our staff will clean and disinfect the area before injecting the gel. JUVÉDERM® XC is unique to the JUVÉDERM® line of products because of the addition of lidocaine to the gel. This can greatly reduce any pain or discomfort experienced at the injection site, making it the perfect wrinkle-smoothing treatment for patients who are particularly sensitive to pain.
After the treatment, we recommend you avoid exercise, alcohol, strenuous activity, or touching the treatment site for at least 24 hours. If you are having any severe side effects, contact your doctor so we can make sure you are healing correctly. Noticeable results will last for up to a full year post-injection. Feel free to schedule your next treatment after your initial visit.
CALL US TODAY AT THE TRU-SKIN DERMATOLOGY OFFICE NEAREST TO YOU
Our 7 Texas Locations: