JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is specifically formulated to correct volume loss and enhance contour in the cheek area, creating a youthful appearance clinically proven to last up to two years with optimal treatment.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is the first and only FDA-approved filler made to address the loss of volume in the cheeks caused by age and environment. It’s a nonsurgical filler that instantly provides a smooth, natural-looking appearance. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is made from modified hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring complex sugar.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC’s unique properties mean it can be injected deeper; also, it is not as malleable as other JUVÉDERM products. This makes it perfect for creating fuller-looking cheeks and cheekbones, correcting severe loss of collagen and fullness, and providing long-lasting results.
Good candidates for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is specifically designed to create a lift and filled-out appearance by injecting a gel deep into the dermis. It may be appropriate for you if you:
- Notice volume loss in your cheek area
- Want to look younger while maintaining a natural appearance
- Suffer from collagen loss due to age and environment
- Want a long-lasting, younger-looking appearance
How to prepare for injections
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is similar to other JUVÉDERM products in that there is minimal need for preparation. The procedure is quick, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you get ready for treatment:
- Tell your doctor if you are planning any other laser treatments or chemical peels to avoid the risk of inflammation at the treatment site.
- Remember that patients who experience skin injury near the site of ejection may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are on an immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease immune response, as this may increase your risk of infection.
- Avoid use of blood-thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as this can lead to bleeding at the injection site.
What to expect
As always, ask your doctor at Tru-Skin Dermatology about any preparatory precautions before making your appointment for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injections. Our staff will clean and disinfect the treatment site before injecting the gel. The entire process should be quick and relatively painless, especially with the addition of lidocaine in the gel, and while you may experience some side effects, bruising is less common because of the deep placement of the fillers. We recommend staying away from strenuous exercise or bothering the treatment area for at least 24 hours, but you will be able to go about your day as planned after your appointment.
Because of its durable, gel-like consistency, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC treatments can last for up to two years, which means longer-lasting youthful looks. We are happy to schedule your next session after your initial treatment.
Call Tru-Skin Dermatology today to schedule your consultation.