JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is an FDA-approved dermal filler that adds subtle volume to minimize or correct facial wrinkles and folds that are moderate to severe. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is formulated with Allergan’s proprietary VYCROSS® technology, which blends different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid and contributes to the gel’s long-lasting result of up to 18 months. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC also has lidocaine, which creates a more comfortable, less painful wrinkle-reducing experience.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is usually used around the mouth and in other areas of the face where deep wrinkles and folds can form. Using hyaluronic acid fillers with a gel-like consistency, create a natural-looking reduction in wrinkles and lines without the risk of looking done. Unlike other JUVÉDERM treatments, its VYCROSS® technology makes it the perfect mix of durable and spreadable, as well as one of the best choices for long-lasting results.
Good candidates for JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC
We invite you to schedule for a consultation with Tru-Skin Dermatology to determine if JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC can meet your skin care needs. Ideal candidates include patients with the following conditions:
- Wrinkles around the mouth and smile lines, usually caused by facial movements
- Desire to reduce the appearance of lines for up to 18 months
- Fine lines caused by aging and environmental factors
- Desire a “natural” look when it comes to skin treatments
How to prepare for injections
As with all cosmetic procedures, it’s important to ask your doctor about any precautions you should take to maximize the results and reduce the risk of complications when using JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC. These include:
- Telling your doctor if you are planning any other laser treatments or chemical peels to avoid risk of inflammation at the treatment site
- Keeping in mind that patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Telling your doctor if you are on an immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease immune response, as this may increase your risk of infection
- Avoiding the use of blood-thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen, which can lead to bleeding and bruising at the injection site
What to expect
After your initial consultation with a medical professional at Tru-Skin Dermatology, we will determine if JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is right for you. Because of its unique proponents, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC is excellent at reducing fine lines and wrinkles, such as those found around the mouth and smile lines. It also lasts longer than most fillers, visible results for up to 18 months. You can schedule your subsequent injection appointment after your initial treatment.
The treatment itself should only take about a half an hour, and with the small addition of lidocaine to all JUVÉDERM XC products, the procedure is relatively painless. After receiving JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injections, it’s important to avoid strenuous exercise, exposure to sunlight or heat, alcoholic beverages, and touching the treatment site for 24 hours.
CALL US TODAY AT THE TRU-SKIN DERMATOLOGY OFFICE NEAREST TO YOU
Our 8 Texas Locations: