If you’re looking to create a younger-looking appearance with a quick and easy skin care procedure, Tru-Skin Dermatology has just what you need. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC is designed to effectively increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of lines around the mouth. It even includes lidocaine that reduces discomfort at the injection site.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC is formulated with VYCROSS®, a proprietary filler technology from Allergan. VYCROSS® blends different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid, which contributes to the gel’s long-lasting results. It differs from other JUVÉDERM products in that its composition is especially appropriate for reducing fine lines around the lips and mouth, as well as filling out lips for natural-looking plumpness and hydration.
Good candidates for JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC
When one of the doctors at Tru-Skin Dermatology sits down with you for an initial consultation, we can to determine if JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC will fulfill your needs in the most efficient manner. As a guideline, we recommend JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC for patients who:
- Wish to have fuller, plumper lips
- Want to reduce fine lines around the mouth
- Require long-lasting results, with no return appointment needed for up to one year
- Suffer from wrinkles caused by age, environment, and habits
How to prepare for injections
As with any skin care procedure, we encourage you to talk to your Tru-Skin Dermatology doctor about any potential issues, side effects, and how to best prepare for your JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC treatment. This includes:
- Telling your doctor if you are planning any other laser treatments or chemical peels to avoid the risk of inflammation at the treatment site
- Remembering that patients who experience skin injury near the site of ejection may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Telling your doctor if you are on an immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease immune response, which could increase your risk of infection
- Avoiding use of blood-thinning medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as this can lead to injection-site bleeding
What to expect
Once you and your doctor identify JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC as being right for you, one of the nurses at Tru-Skin Dermatology will prepare you for the procedure. Next, Juvederm Volbella will be administered in the treatment site around your lips and mouth, depending on the desired effect. Because lidocaine in the gel, you should expect to feel little to no discomfort.
The procedure typically takes around 15-30 minutes, with potential swelling and bleeding at the injection sites. Discomfort is minimal, and you should be able to return to your everyday activities almost immediately, although we recommend avoiding exercise, alcohol, lipstick and touching of the treatment site for 24 hours after injections.
Because of its composition, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC has a durable gel that also produces a great lift capacity, providing natural-looking results. Your JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC treatment can last for up to one year, and we suggest scheduling a subsequent appointment after your initial treatment to continue with noticeable results.
Speak with us to learn more about JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC.
CALL US TODAY AT THE TRU-SKIN DERMATOLOGY OFFICE NEAREST TO YOU
Our 7 Texas Locations: