Tru-Skin Dermatology provides BOTOX® injectables in Austin, TX as well as the surrounding areas. As one of the most popular ways to turn back the clock, this injectable can erase fine lines and wrinkles. BOTOX® is one of the most popular cosmetic methods used to reduce facial wrinkles and lines.
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is an FDA-approved wrinkle relaxer that can be injected quickly and effectively into areas of the face that reveal fine lines and asymmetry. It works by using botulinum toxin type A, which induces temporary relaxation of the facial muscles, softening wrinkles. In most cases, individuals use BOTOX® on the forehead, frown lines, and around the eyes, where deeper wrinkles are often found.
What is BOTOX® Used For?
BOTOX® is used to prevent a muscle from moving for a designated time, which can help correct and smooth wrinkles while preventing new ones from forming. While BOTOX® is for wrinkles, dermal fillers are for volume restoration. There are a few key differences to remember when considering different treatment options. BOTOX® relaxes the muscles to stop creases and wrinkles caused by facial expressions typically found in the upper face. Fillers, on the other hand, use hyaluronic acid and other similar substances to fill in areas that have lost volume and plumpness. This usually entails areas around the mouth and cheeks that lose volume with age. BOTOX® is an excellent choice for softening fine lines and for preventative care. Starting early helps to prevent new wrinkles from forming.
The Benefits of BOTOX® Injections
BOTOX® injections can provide patients with a wide range of benefits. BOTOX® can reduce the severity of facial wrinkles and also treat various conditions. The benefits of these injections also include reducing signs of aging, correcting crossed eyes, preventing migraines and headaches, reducing excessive sweating, relieving muscle tension, reducing allergy symptoms, reducing joint pain, and more.
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
Most people assume that BOTOX® is strictly for older men and women, but that isn’t the case. This type of injectable is extremely popular with patients in their 20s and 30s who are looking to adjust and ultimately enhance their appearances. An initial consultation with the BOTOX® experts at Tru-Skin Dermatology will help determine if BOTOX® is right for you. Appropriate candidates will usually have one or more of the following conditions:
- Fine or deep lines and wrinkles, usually caused by repetitive facial expressions
- Wrinkles that change the expression on the face
- Facial asymmetry, usually around the eyebrows
- No desire for surgical intervention
How to Prepare For BOTOX® Injections
To ensure effective and safe results, you need to take the proper precautions before receiving your BOTOX® treatment. You can best prepare for your injections by doing the following:
- Avoid taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications for one week beforehand, as these can thin the blood and increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Because of possible bruising, we recommend you schedule your plans accordingly for the days following your injections.
- A topical numbing agent can be applied, but this requires a longer appointment time. Most BOTOX® patients choose to receive the injections without any numbing.
What to Expect With BOTOX® Injections
BOTOX® treatments can be performed on the same day as the consultation, typically lasting about 15 to 30 minutes. We will carefully clean all treatment sites before injecting BOTOX® into the facial muscles using a small needle. You can leave our office after your treatment, but you should avoid exercise, alcohol, lying down, or touching the injection sites for at least 24 hours. There may be temporary bruising, swelling, or redness post-treatment.
Patients will start to see results of the wrinkle-reducing treatment of BOTOX® in as little as two to three days. The treatment generally lasts three to six months, so we recommend planning for your next injections during this period. You may also schedule follow-up appointments to check on the initial treatment a two weeks post-injection. Check out our pricing here.
Why is BOTOX® Done?
BOTOX® is most commonly used to relax one’s facial muscles to prevent frown lines and wrinkles, but there are other uses for this popular injectable. BOTOX® is also used to relieve symptoms of various health conditions. These conditions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Migraines – If you get frequent migraines, BOTOX® injections can help reduce the number. This type of treatment is especially for those with more than 15 migraines a month, a medical condition called chronic migraine.
- Neck Spasms – This medical condition, also called dystonia, occurs when the neck muscles contract in an uncontrolled way, causing the head to twist into an uncomfortable position.
- Muscle Spasms – Conditions such as cerebral palsy affect the nervous system and cause the limbs to pull toward the body’s center. BOTOX® can help relieve these symptoms.
- Bladder Problems – BOTOX® can reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Sweating Problems – These injections can be used for a condition that causes people to sweat excessively, even when they are not hot. This is called hyperhidrosis.
- Lazy Eyes – This condition, which is also referred to as crossed eyes or misaligned eyes, is most commonly caused by an imbalance in the eye muscles.
Reasons to Consider BOTOX® Treatment
BOTOX® treatment can offer patients a wide range of benefits, yes, but the primary reason to consider BOTOX®? It can exponentially increase your confidence and help you feel more comfortable in your skin. We at Tru-Skin Dermatology understand the importance of achieving the look you want. We want the process of achieving the look you’ve always wanted to be seamless, comfortable, and exciting—and we do everything in our power to ensure it happens. This wrinkle-relaxing injectable is effective at minimizing the signs of aging. Reasons to consider BOTOX® treatment include the following:
- Safe and effective
- Quick, visible, long-lasting results
- Look the same but younger
- Simple and fast treatment
- Minimal recovery time
- Repeatable treatment
The Risks Associated With BOTOX®
Like with any medical treatment or procedure, there are associated risks. BOTOX® injections are typically safe when performed by a licensed and skilled healthcare provider. However, this procedure can result in unwanted results. And if given incorrectly, these injections can even cause harm. Possible side effects and unwanted results of BOTOX® injections include pain and swelling at the injection site, bruising at the injection site, headache or flu-like symptoms, droopy eyelids, crooked eyebrows, crooked smiling, drooling, watery or dry eyes, and infection at the injection site. Additionally, if the injection spreads to parts of the body it wasn’t meant to, it can cause symptoms there such as:
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Trouble talking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reactions
- Loss of bladder control
H3: Contact Us Today About BOTOX® Treatment
With eight locations throughout Texas, patients looking for BOTOX® treatment can visit our state-of-the-art facilities in Austin, Bastrop, La Grange, Spring Branch, Cedar Park, Hallettsville, and Round Rock. BOTOX® injectables are the only cosmetic dermatology services we offer. We also offer aesthetics and facials, and various body treatments. Contact the Tru-Skin Dermatology office nearest you to schedule a free consultation with one of our BOTOX® experts. We look forward to working with you. Checkout pricing here.
CALL US TODAY AT THE TRU-SKIN DERMATOLOGY OFFICE NEAREST TO YOU
Our 7 Texas Locations: