5 Things to Know About Kybella®
A Note From Our Board Certified Aesthetic Nurse
Corina Corbeille, RN, CANS
Kybella® is a formulation of a naturally occurring substance (deoxycholic acid) that targets and destroys fat cells in the area where it’s injected. Once those cells are destroyed, they can no longer store or accumulate fat, resulting in a contoured jawline.
Kybella® leaves a smooth, contoured jawline, and re-treatment is not expected to be required.
- Kybella® is the first and only non-surgical FDA approved injection to reduce submental fullness or “double chin.”
- When injected into the subcutaneous fat, Kybella destroys fat cells. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so no further treatment is needed once you reach your aesthetic goal.
- Each treatment takes about 15-20 minutes. Topical numbing is applied to the skin and ice immediately post-treatment for comfort.
- Minimal downtime is required. Treatment is customized to each individual patient. Up to 6 treatments, 2-3 months apart, may be administered.
- Kybella® can help reduce fat in the following areas: chin fat, abdomen fat, fat above the breast, inner/above knee fat, armpit fat, bra bulge/back fat, lower buttocks fatty folds, outer thigh saddlebags. Schedule a consultation to be assessed and discuss the best treatment plan for you!
For more information regarding Kybella® and other cosmetic dermatology treatments, visit our website!